Readers ask: Who Was Arsenal Manager Before Arsene Wenger?
- 1 Who was Arsenal manager in 1971?
- 2 How many managers have Arsenal had since Wenger?
- 3 Is Arteta a manager or head coach?
- 4 Which manager has won the most trophies?
- 5 Who is Arsenal manager 2021?
- 6 Who has managed both Arsenal and Tottenham?
- 7 When did Arsene Wenger become Arsenal manager?
- 8 Who is the owner of Arsenal?
- 9 Who is Arsenal captain?
Who was Arsenal manager in 1971?
Bertie Mee was born in Bullwell, Nottinghamshire and managed us to our first league and FA Cup double in 1971.
How many managers have Arsenal had since Wenger?
Records. There have been eighteen permanent and four caretaker managers of Arsenal since 1897; one caretaker (Stewart Houston) has managed the club in two separate spells. The longest-running manager both in terms of time and in terms of games was the manager Arsène Wenger (1996–2018).
Is Arteta a manager or head coach?
Mikel Arteta’s job title has changed from head coach to first-team manager. So why has this change taken place – and what does it mean? “Mikel’s been here since the end of December and the last nine months have probably been the most challenging nine months in Arsenal’s history – and we’ve been around for 134 years.
Which manager has won the most trophies?
Top 10 managers with the most titles
- Arsene Wenger (21 titles) The French coach has managed Monaco, Arsenal and Nagoya Grampus.
- Giovanni Trapattoni (23 titles)
- Pep Guardiola (25 titles)
- Jose Mourinho (25 titles)
- Luis Felipe Scolari (26 titles)
- Jock Stein (26)
- Ottmar Hitzfeld (28 titles)
- Valeri Lobanovsky (30 titles)
Who is Arsenal manager 2021?
2020–21 season On 14 March 2021, Arteta claimed his first victory in the North London derby as a manager thanks to goals from Martin Ødegaard and Alexandre Lacazette in a 2–1 win. That was also Arsenal’s first victory over Tottenham since December 2018.
Who has managed both Arsenal and Tottenham?
Neill left Hull a year later to succeed Bill Nicholson as manager of Arsenal’s fiercest rivals, Tottenham Hotspur. He managed Spurs for two seasons, narrowly avoiding relegation in his first term.
When did Arsene Wenger become Arsenal manager?
On 22 September 1996, Wenger was unveiled as Arsenal manager, after Nagoya Grampus granted him his release. He officially assumed the role on 1 October 1996.
Who is the owner of Arsenal?
Simply because there are statues of Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry outside the Emirates. The forwards, along with other club legends Herbert Chapman, Tony Adams and Ken Friar are immortalised in bronze in order to promote Arsenal’s history and heritage.
Who is Arsenal captain?
Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has revealed his family were left scared by his weight loss after he contracted malaria while on international duty in March.