Readers ask: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Arsenal?
- 1 What is the full meaning of arsenal?
- 2 What does arsenal mean in British?
- 3 What is the dictionary definition of arsenal?
- 4 What is the meaning of arsenal in Oxford dictionary?
- 5 How many guns is an arsenal?
- 6 What is Arsenal’s nickname?
- 7 Is arsenal an English word?
- 8 How do you use the word arsenal?
- 9 What is nuclear arsenal?
- 10 What was the arsenal of defense?
- 11 Is Arsenal singular or plural?
- 12 What does Arsenal mean in Roblox?
- 13 What armament means?
- 14 What is Arsenal in Tagalog?
- 15 What does the word weaponry mean?
What is the full meaning of arsenal?
1a: an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment The city is home to a federal arsenal. b: a collection of weapons. 2: store, repertoire the team’s arsenal of veteran players.
What does arsenal mean in British?
An arsenal is a place where arms and ammunition are made, maintained and repaired, stored, or issued, in any combination, whether privately or publicly owned. Arsenal and armoury (British English) or armory (American English) are mostly regarded as synonyms, although subtle differences in usage exist.
What is the dictionary definition of arsenal?
a place of storage or a magazine containing arms and military equipment for land or naval service. a collection or supply of weapons or munitions. a collection or supply of anything; store: He came to the meeting with an impressive arsenal of new research data.
What is the meaning of arsenal in Oxford dictionary?
noun. /ˈɑːsənl/ /ˈɑːrsənl/ a collection of weapons such as guns and explosives.
How many guns is an arsenal?
According to the dictionary, “arsenal” describes a facility for the storage of military weapons, which implies hundreds, or maybe thousands. Five guns is not even a decent collection, much less an arsenal.
What is Arsenal’s nickname?
They turned professional in 1891 and became known as Arsenal in 1913. The team play most home games in red jerseys at their impressive North London stadium, The Emirates. Arsenal fans often refer to themselves as “Gooners”, the name derived from the team’s nickname, ” The Gunners “.
Is arsenal an English word?
Meaning of arsenal in English a building where weapons and military equipment are stored: The army planned to attack enemy arsenals. 6
How do you use the word arsenal?
Arsenal in a Sentence
- When they arrested the suspect, he had an arsenal of firearms in his possession.
- The hunter housed an arsenal of guns in his hunting lodge.
- My boyfriend will not attend a movie unless it includes an arsenal of fire power and special effects.
What is nuclear arsenal?
A weapon, such as an atomic bomb or hydrogen bomb, whose destructive power comes from the release of nuclear energy.
What was the arsenal of defense?
Arsenal of Defense: Fort Worth’s Military Legacy covers the entire military history of Fort Worth from the 1840s with tiny Bird’s Fort to the massive defense plants of the first decade of the twenty-first century.
Is Arsenal singular or plural?
The plural form of arsenal is arsenals.
What does Arsenal mean in Roblox?
Arsenal is a first-person shooting (FPS) game on the popular game forum Roblox. Gun rotation is also an exciting game mode. True to its name, this mode goes through a rotation of guns every round, with each player having the same guns every 20 seconds.
What armament means?
1: a military or naval force. 2a: the aggregate of a nation’s military strength. b: weapons, arms. 3: the process of preparing for war.
What is Arsenal in Tagalog?
taguan ng armas noun. armory, place of arms.
What does the word weaponry mean?
1: weapons. 2: the science of designing and making weapons.