Readers ask: Players Who Have Played For Arsenal And Liverpool?
- 1 Who moved from Arsenal to Liverpool?
- 2 Which player has played for the most Premier League clubs?
- 3 How many players have played for Liverpool FC?
- 4 What minute did Michael Thomas score?
- 5 Who is the longest serving football player?
- 6 What are Liverpool players called?
- 7 What players have gone from Arsenal to Chelsea?
- 8 Why did Benayoun leave Liverpool?
- 9 Did Nicolas Anelka play Liverpool?
Who moved from Arsenal to Liverpool?
During his time at Arsenal, he scored a last-minute goal in injury time during the final match of the 1988–89 season, which allowed the club to claim the First Division title over Liverpool. Two years later, Thomas joined Liverpool and scored the club’s opening goal in a 2–0 win in the 1992 FA Cup Final.
Which player has played for the most Premier League clubs?
Gareth Barry has the most Premier League appearances. James Milner is the only active Premier League player with over 500 appearances.
How many players have played for Liverpool FC?
Since playing their first competitive match, more than 800 players have made a competitive first-team appearance for the club, of whom 218 players have made at least 100 appearances (including substitute appearances); those players are listed here.
What minute did Michael Thomas score?
Thomas had scored with just one minute and 18 seconds to go including whatever time the referee may have added due to the goal celebration. An actual 38 seconds were played after the ball was kicked off.
Who is the longest serving football player?
Retired players Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs appeared in more than 900 matches over 24 seasons. Giggs is also the only player to play in 22 successive Premier League seasons, and the only player to score in 21 successive Premier League seasons. Giggs won 34 trophies during his career with the Red Devils.
What are Liverpool players called?
Liverpool fans often refer to themselves as Kopites, a reference to the fans who once stood, and now sit, on the Kop at Anfield. In 2008 a group of fans decided to form a splinter club, A.F.C. Liverpool, to play matches for fans who had been priced out of watching Premier League football.
What players have gone from Arsenal to Chelsea?
Arsenal to Chelsea
- Sandy MacFarlane (as player: Arsenal 1896–1897; Chelsea 1913–1914)
- Jimmy Sharp (as player: Arsenal 1905–1908; Chelsea 1912–1915)
- Leslie Knighton (as manager: Arsenal 1919–1925; Chelsea 1933–1939)
- Bob Turnbull (as player: Arsenal 1923–1924; Chelsea 1925–1928)
Why did Benayoun leave Liverpool?
“Everyone asks me why I left Liverpool,” said Benayoun. “There is only one reason – Rafa Benítez.” The midfielder says the Spaniard, who left Liverpool to manage Internazionale, never treated him with respect he felt he deserved. “If I played well, I never felt he gave me credit,” he told the News of the World.
Did Nicolas Anelka play Liverpool?
Nicolas Sébastien Anelka (born 14 March 1979) is a French international footballer who played for Liverpool on loan from 2001-2002 as a striker.