Question: When Did Spurs Last Finish Above Arsenal?
- 1 How often have Spurs finished above Arsenal?
- 2 When were Tottenham last at the top of the Premier League?
- 3 When was the last time Spurs lifted a trophy?
- 4 How many major trophies does Arsenal have?
- 5 Who is the owner of Tottenham?
- 6 What is the lowest position Arsenal have finished in the Premier League?
- 7 Is Arsenal in 2021 Champions League?
- 8 What cups are Spurs still in?
- 9 When did Liverpool last win a trophy?
How often have Spurs finished above Arsenal?
The result also meant that Spurs have now finished ahead of their rivals for four seasons in a row. Arsenal made it a habit of finishing above Spurs until 2016, with Arsenal fans celebrating the event each season as the infamous ‘St Totteringham’s day’.
When were Tottenham last at the top of the Premier League?
Under Pochettino, Spurs finished second in the 2016–17 season, their highest league finish since the 1962–63 season, and advanced to the UEFA Champions League final in 2019, the club’s first UEFA Champions League final, ultimately losing the final to eventual champions Liverpool 2–0.
When was the last time Spurs lifted a trophy?
North London club lift their last trophy in 2008 when they clinch 2-1 victory over city rivals Chelsea in League Cup final.
How many major trophies does Arsenal have?
The club has won 13 league titles (including one unbeaten title), a record 14 FA Cups, two League Cups, 16 FA Community Shields, the League Centenary Trophy, one European Cup Winners’ Cup, and one Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.
Who is the owner of Tottenham?
Like United, Tottenham have been a familiar entity in England’s top league since the 1970s and their last relegation – in the 1976-77 season – was also a blip as they returned to the First Division from 1978-79 on. They were relegated to the Second Division after finishing bottom in the 1982-83 season.
What is the lowest position Arsenal have finished in the Premier League?
Their worst league finish to date is 10th in the second tier, their placing at the end of the 1896–97 season. Arsenal’s best-ever start to a Premier League season came in 2007–08, when they won 11 of their first 14 matches.
Is Arsenal in 2021 Champions League?
Arsenal will face the reigning European champions, Barcelona, in the first Champions League group stage after coming through qualifying. The Gunners, who finished third in the Women’s Super League, were drawn in Group C, which also includes the European debutants Hoffenheim and Danish champions HB Høge.
What cups are Spurs still in?
- Football League Champions: 1950/1951, 1960/1961.
- The FA Cup Winners: 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991.
- Football League Cup Winners: 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008.
- European Cup-Winners Cup Winners: 1962/1963.
When did Liverpool last win a trophy?
Liverpool won their first League championship in 1901, and their second in 1906. They played their first FA Cup final in 1914, losing 1–0 to Burnley. The last domestic trophy they won was the EFL Cup in February 2012, after beating Cardiff City.